I have been so blessed by all the women I have “met” these past few months, the stories that have poured in and all the people who continue to visit this site, week after week to read these amazing and heroic stories of motherhood. Thank you, thank you, thank you to the women who have opened up themselves and shared their stories here, and thank you to everyone else, as well, for your faithful readership, comments, likes and social media shares. I had no idea back in December when I started this blog just how successful it would become and God continues to amaze me each week as more stories come in.
I have also been so encouraged by the outpouring of interesting responses from the M2M Survey and thought maybe you might like an update on what those look like. Here are some of the answers and data I have received from the 100s of responses to the survey:
Breakdown of types of mothers taking the survey:
Biological Mother 87.50%
Adoptive Mother 12.50%
Foster Mother 12.50%
Step Mother 6.25%
Single Mother 12.50%
Other sub-categories of mothers who’ve taken the survey:
Mom of One 18.75%
Mom of Few (2-4) 68.75%
Mom of Many 18.75%
Mom of Babies 43.75%
Adoptee Mom 6.25%
Stay at Home Mom 68.75%
Working Mom 50.00%
Homeschooling Mom 25.00%
Religious Mom 75.00%
Where moms get their advice from:
If you would still like to add your voice, please take the M2M Survey here!
I have loved reading the diverse stories that have poured in, but there are so many I would still love to hear from out there…some of which include:
- international and multicultural moms
- mommies with 5 or more children (aka, moms of many!)
- women who have been surrogates
- teenage/young adult nannies or babysitters
- full-time working moms (preferably outside of the home)
- mothers with diverse religious backgrounds
If you or someone you know would be interested in sharing their story and answering a couple questions about how you mother in the above ways or any other kind of mom story you’d like to share, please email me at email@example.com THANKS!
And now for the Link Up!
<div align="center"><a href="http://madetomother.com" title="Made to Mother"><img src="https://madetomother.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/mmlinkupbutton.jpg" alt="Made to Mother" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Grab the Link Up button!
The Made to Mother Project is dedicated to encouraging, supporting and inspiring women by sharing their stories of motherhood. I hope that this link-up will continue to grow our community of mothers. Please read the guidelines below for information on how to join!
LINK UP GUIDELINES
- Please post family-friendly topics/websites. Bonus points if they have to do with mothering!
- Be sure to link back to your blog post not your homepage.
- Share the Linky love – visit a page or two linked up here and leave them a nice comment.
- Oh, and a link back to Made to Mother using the button above or a sweet shout-out would be awesome, too!